Hey there, fellow cannabis enthusiasts! Have you ever heard of concentrates? They’re like the superheroes of the cannabis world – packed with power and potency, and ready to save the day (or night, or anytime really). In this article, we’re going to dive into the different types of concentrates and help you choose the right one for your next adventure.
First things first – what are concentrates?
Concentrates are, well, concentrated forms of cannabis that are created by extracting the plant’s active compounds. This results in a more potent product that can be used in a variety of ways.
Let’s start with one of the most popular types of concentrates – wax. Wax is a sticky, gooey substance that is produced by extracting THC from cannabis flower. It’s called wax because, well, it looks like wax! Wax is usually vaporized or dabbed, but can also be added to joints or bowls for an extra kick.
Next up is shatter. Shatter is a hard, glass-like substance that is created by extracting THC from cannabis flower. It gets its name from its brittle texture – just like shattered glass! Shatter is usually vaporized or dabbed, and can pack a serious punch.
Moving on to live resin – this is a concentrate that is made from fresh, frozen cannabis flower. Because the flower is frozen, the extraction process is able to preserve more of the plant’s natural terpenes, resulting in a more flavorful product. Live resin is often vaporized or dabbed.
Rosin is another type of concentrate that is gaining popularity. It’s created by using heat and pressure to extract THC from cannabis flower, without the use of any solvents. This results in a pure, clean product that can be used in a variety of ways.
When it comes to Rosin, Suncrafted has recently won 1st & 3rd place at the NECANN Cup 2023 for this concentrate. So, if you’re interested in trying out this award-winning product, Suncrafted is the place to go. See our Live Rosin products: Here
Last but not least, we have THC distillate. This is a highly refined form of cannabis that is created by distilling THC from the plant material. It’s usually used to create edibles or vape cartridges, and can have a potency of up to 90% THC!
Now, let’s answer some common questions about concentrates:
- How do you use concentrates?
- Concentrates can be used in a variety of ways, including vaporizing, dabbing, adding to joints or bowls, or using in edibles.
- Are concentrates safe?
- As with any cannabis product, it’s important to use concentrates responsibly and in moderation. Make sure to purchase from a reputable source, and start with a small amount to see how it affects you.
- What’s the difference between THC and CBD concentrates?
- THC concentrates are made from cannabis plants with high levels of THC, while CBD concentrates are made from plants with high levels of CBD. THC is known for its psychoactive effects, while CBD is non-psychoactive and is often used for its therapeutic properties.
- Can concentrates be used for medicinal purposes?
- Yes! Concentrates can be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including chronic pain, anxiety, and nausea. However, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before using cannabis for medicinal purposes.
So there you have it, folks – a beginner’s guide to the different types of concentrates. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a curious newcomer, there’s a concentrate out there for everyone.
Suncrafted Cannabis of Middleboro is more than happy to answer any questions folks may have regarding the different types of concentrates. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced user, it’s always a good idea to learn more about the products you’re consuming. Visit or call us today!